: News : Match Reviews : Season 2012/13 : Baris NCEL 2012/13 Match Review #4
HomeNewsMatch ReviewsSeason 2012/13Baris NCEL 2012/13 Match Review #4


16th August, 2012

Baris NCEL 2012/13 Match Review #4

The Baris Northern Counties East League will have nine teams in the Preliminary Round of the FA Cup with Budweiser after three sides won their replays in midweek.

Tadcaster Albion, Hemsworth Miners Welfare and Maltby Main all progressed at the second time of asking with dramatic victories.

Maltby were the only side who did not need extra time but they left it right to the death to go through at the expense of visitors, Cheadle Town.

Main were awarded a penalty deep in second-half injury time and Adam Houghton kept calm to slot the ball home and claim a 1-0 win.

Tadcaster must have thought they had done enough when Steven Jeff put them 2-1 up at Consett with nine minutes remaining.

But, the home side levelled through Michael Mackay, meaning an extra half hour.

Jeff struck again, though, in the opening moments of the first period of extra-time to secure a 3-2 win.

And, Hemsworth came from behind to lead 2-1 in the 87th minute thanks to a Will Kemp strike but, like Tadcaster, they were pegged back by hosts Runcorn Linnets.

That match went down to a penalty shoot-out and it was the NCEL Division One side who went through, 4-3 on spot kicks.

Three other sides were beaten in their Extra Preliminary Round replays, Pontefract Collieries and Louth Town bowing out after extra-time defeats at Norton & Stockton Ancients and at home to Glossop North End, respectively, whilst Pickering Town went down in normal time 4-2 to visitors Jarrow Roofing Bolden CA.

Three teams also booked their place in the Second Round of the League Cup with home wins for Athersley Recreation, Grimsby Borough and Worsbrough Bridge Athletic.

Richard Green's first-half double saw the Recs progress 2-0 against Albion Sports whilst Lee Garside also struck twice in Worsbrough's 2-1 victory over AFC Emley, the winner coming from the penalty spot two minutes from time.

Borough came from behind twice to defeat Hallam 4-2 with Luke Fanthorpe and George Newby scoring their third and fourth goals.

Worksop Parramore moved to the top of the Premier Division with their 4-2 victory at home to Hall Road Rangers.

A Lee Holmes brace helped them to the victory over a Rangers side who are still looking for their first point of the new campaign.

Teversal are the early pacesetters in Division One after they thumped hosts Dinnington Town, 6-1.

They were three-up after 39 minutes with two goals from Shaun Tuton added to by a Dave Cockerill strike.

Eli Mitchell and Danny Wilson added to their tally before Jon Roper pulled one back for Dinnington but it was the away side who concluded the scoring with Oliver Wood getting their sixth.

And, Knaresborough Town picked up their first ever NCEL league victory, winning 3-0 at Rossington Main, courtesy of goals from Matthew Duerden, Paul Eagling and Dan Clayton.

Latest Stories By Section