| News | Match Reviews | Season 2018/19 | Toolstation NCEL Match Review 2018/19 #55

Match Reviews for

Toolstation NCEL Match Review 2018/19 #55

28th March, 2019

Worksop Town claimed the remaining place in this season's Toolstation NCEL League Cup semi-finals with a 2-1 win at Staveley Miners Welfare in midweek.

The Tigers, who are chasing the league and cup double, took the lead at Inkersall Road on Wednesday night thanks to Kyle Jordan's 29th minute strike but their hosts restored parity with a quarter-of-an-hour remaining.

Then, in front of a crowd of 454, Worksop grabbed a dramatic winner with Lynton Karkach converting three minutes from time.

Meanwhile, the teams chasing Premier Division leaders Worksop in the race for the title had chances to close the gap with second-placed Penistone Church cutting the deficit to six points with a 4-3 win at home to Albion Sports.

Church led 2-1 at the break with Sam Scrivens and Brett Lovell sandwiching a goal from the Lions by Luke Aldrich but the visitors went 3-2 ahead by the 63rd minute, courtesy of a double from Lamin Janneh.

But, in a roller-coaster of a game, Tom Brennan levelled matters before Ashley Ellis claimed a late winner to move Penistone closer to top spot.

Bridlington Town, however, were unable to claim a victory of their own and they drop to fourth spot following a 1-0 loss at Liversedge, Rhys Davies with the vital strike just before the hour mark.

Leapfrogging over the Seasiders into third are Yorkshire Amateur who trailed 1-0 at home to bottom side Goole AFC with three minutes remaining.

But, Devonte Newman-Morton and Ashley Flynn popped up to snatch a victory that had seemingly belonged to the visitors after Joshua Schofield had given them a 40th minute lead.

The other team in the relegation zone, Harrogate Railway Athletic, were also beaten as they went down 5-0 at Barton Town.

James Piercy, Jack Mail, Jamie Goddard and Owen Marshall gave the Swans a four-goal cushion by the 33rd minute before Matthew Savage claimed their fifth early in the second period.

And, it was goalless in the top flight's remaining match as Eccleshill United played out a stalemate with visitors Maltby Main.

In Division One, Hallam move up to third but only closed the gap on top side Grimsby Borough to eight points as they drew 3-3 at home with Worsbrough Bridge Athletic who stay sixth.

Sam Corner's opener and a penalty from Kieran Hirst saw Worsbrough 2-0 up by the interval but Hallam then stormed into a 3-2 lead with a Sam Smith spot-kick followed up by goals from Kieran Watson and Thomas Roebuck.

However, with ten minutes remaining, Scott Batty popped up for the visitors to ensure that the spoils were shared.

Parkgate move up a place to eighth after Brandon Bagley's 72nd minute winner at home to Ollerton Town.

And, FC Bolsover may be starting to run out of games in their fight for survival as the bottom side went down 2-1 at Glasshoughton Welfare to keep them nine points from safety with six games remaining.

Adam Lee had looked to have rescued them a point in the 87th minute to cancel out Sinmi Oyebanji's strike midway through the first period but Sam Pashley made sure of the home side's victory with an injury-time winner.

Meanwhile, Rossington Main's match with visitors Selby Town was abandoned on 33 minutes due to floodlight failure and will now be replayed next month.

Latest Stories by Section