| News | Match Reviews | Season 2023/24 | Toolstation NCEL Match Review 2023/24 #17

Match Reviews for

Toolstation NCEL Match Review 2023/24 #17

24th September, 2023

Nine Toolstation NCEL sides have booked their place in next month's First Round Proper of this season's Isuzu FA Vase following victories on Saturday.

Four did it at the expense of league rivals with Bottesford Town, Emley AFC, Glasshoughton Welfare and Albion Sports victorious in all-NCEL clashes.

Mason Chaffer and Jack Griffin both netted for Bottesford towards the end of the first half of their home match with Rossington Main as they won 2-1 with Bradley Grayson halving the deficit midway through the second period.

Emley were 3-1 winners at Brigg Town with Samuel Pashley's opener for the Pewits on 29 minutes quickly cancelled out by Jack Cross for the hosts before James Walshaw restored the away side's lead in first half stoppage time and Ruben Jerome made sure of progression with the third on 71.

Glasshoughton raced into a 3-0 lead at home to Maltby Main, George Munashe Mwale's double sandwiching an Ashley Bell strike with Main pulling one back by the interval through Toby Kenyon.

Harrison Rowley halted the fightback with Welfare's fourth after the break and Luca Grant found the net for the Miners in a 4-2 home win for the Division One hosts over their Premier Division visitors.

And, Albion Sports won 3-0 at Harrogate Railway Athletic, Fernando Moke with a 66th minute breakthrough before Helmo Silva made sure with a double in the final moments of the tie.

Nathan Cartman struck twice as Knaresborough Town beat visitors Boldon CA 5-2 whilst an injury-time leveller from Danny Buttle saw Hallam grab a dramatic 1-1 draw at Lower Breck and they went through 4-1 on penalties.

Parkgate progressed with a 2-1 victory at Prestwich Heys, Joshua Nodder and Silas Valladolid-Collins scoring for the Steelmen, and Joe Parkin claimed the only goal of the game as Shirebrook Town beat visiting neighbours Clipstone.

And, there was a brace for Kayle Price as Silsden AFC made their way into Monday's draw for the next stage with a 3-1 home victory over Billingham Synthonia.

Armthorpe Welfare, however, went down 3-0 at home to Atherton Laburnum Rovers, Golcar United bowed out losing 4-0 at Ashton Town, and Athersley Recreation were beaten 3-0 at Burscough.

There was a 2-0 home loss for Goole AFC at the expense of Northwich Victoria whilst Ollerton Town suffered a 6-0 defeat to visitors Sleaford Town.

Liam Frost's penalty earned Retford FC a 1-1 home draw with Droylsden but the away side went through 5-3 on spot kicks, and Lewis Stephens gave Tadcaster Albion an early lead but they lost 2-1 to visitors Blyth Town.

And, Yorkshire Amateur also exited the competition, courtesy of a 5-0 home defeat at the hands of Bishop Auckland.

In the day's Premier Division action, second-placed Handsworth moved to within goal difference of the summit with a 2-1 home victory over Eccleshill United.

Craig Mitchell snatched an 89th minute winner after Emmanuel Amole had cancelled out their first half opener from Kieran Wells.

Frickley Athletic remain third, now two points behind the top two, after their 1-1 home draw with Barton Town, Callum Bradbury rescuing a point for them in stoppage time after Samuel Cable had opened the scoring for the Swans.

Campion climb to fifth with a 3-1 win at Pickering Town, Marcus Day grabbing a brace for the Red and Blacks, whilst the Pikes remain in the bottom four.

The match between Penistone Church and Garforth Town was abandoned after 65 minutes following a serious injury to Church keeper Harry Ambler and all at the NCEL wish him the best and a speedy recovery.

Wombwell Town's lead at the top of Division One has grown to five points after they won 2-1 at bottom side Swallownest.

Rikki Paylor put the visitors ahead on twelve minutes before Ebenezer Ansah equalised prior to half time with the winner coming early in the second period through Gadhafi Kiwanuka.

Nostell Miners Welfare are up to second after Liam Ormsby's 80th minute strike secured them a 2-1 victory at Worsbrough Bridge Athletic.

There were two goals each for Harry Clapham and Iwan Heeley as Selby Town triumphed 4-1 at Louth Town whilst Horbury Town beat hosts Beverley Town by the same scoreline, James Cusworth with a couple for the visitors.

And, it was a 1-1 draw at the Adalynne Haye Stadium, as Billy Brooks' 48th minute leveller for hosts Clay Cross Town saw them take a point from their clash with Dronfield Town.

Photo: Lewis Stephens guides home Oliver Norman's cross to give Tadcaster Albion an early lead but the Brewers would ultimately lost their Isuzu FA Vase Second Round Qualifying tie 2-1 at home to Blyth Town. (Picture: Craig Dinsdale)

Latest Stories by Section